Friday, June 24, 2016

Cashier on Repeat.

You know how you can repeat a word so many times before it doesn't make sense anymore? I was at my cashier job last night, thinking about that. Thinking about how many times I repeat the same words and phrases everyday but yet they still never sound weird. Maybe it's because they're not one after the other? Either way, here are some of those:

"Hello!"

"Thank you!"

"Would you like your (water, milk, gallon of whatever, detergent, bleach, etc) in a bag?"

"Would you like to add an extended (1-3) service plan to your item for x amount of dollars?"

"Would you like to use this coupon?"

"Have a good (night, day, evening, weekend, holiday)."

"The bathroom is right next to customer service."

"Could I see your receipt, please?"

"The ice machine is next to customer service and there's another one next to the Vision Center."

"You can leave your watermelon in your shopping cart."

"Yes, I already scanned your drink."

"Would you like your (drink, candy bar, candy) left our or in a bag?"

"How many refills of water do you have?"

"How much money would you like to add to your card?"

"Could I see your I.D. please?"

"The pinpad is waiting for your signature whenever you are ready, ma'am/sir."

"Could I have a phone number, please?"

"Your total is .... even."

"Your change is ...."

"Your eggs are with your bread."

"There are (1-4) bags for you."

"There is one more bag over here."

No comments:

Post a Comment